Huge thanks goes out to all of the participants in this year’s Burn in the Forest!
Admiration goes out to all of the groups who make the event possible: the Greater Vancouver Interactive Arts Society and it’s Board of Directors, the huge dedication of the BitF 2016 Production Team, the Burning Man Vancouver Regional Contacts for facilitating our designation as an Official Burning Man Regional event, and to every single soul who attends and shares an enormous amount of time and energy to share in our community experience. You’re all stars!
If you’re newer to the local Vancouver based Burning Man community, here are some ways to stay connected:
- The Greater Vancouver Interactive Arts Society (GVIAS) is a not-for-profit society created to promote community-based interactive arts in Greater Vancouver and British Columbia. We are guided by the 10 principles of Burning Man. These principles guide our interactions with one another and the environment and have a strong ethos of participation. As such, our events and the society are entirely dependent upon community participation.
The GVIAS is participant driven, which is the cornerstone of the community that created it. None of what we accomplish is possible without the willing participation of our members. All of our members are expected to contribute to our society and the community in their own way.
Our purpose is to support Interactive arts in BC. To this end, we provide art grants and organize community events where artists can showcase their art.
We are always welcoming new members to join committees & get involved. To learn more & to become a member, visit: gvias.org or contact the Board at [email protected].
- Burning Man Vancouver Regional Network
The Burning Man Vancouver community has grown up since 1999 when a small group formed the first ‘BurningVan’ email list to keep informed of what others were doing. Since then, burners have gathered to connect, plan events and camps, and share experiences.
- Facebook Fan Page for top level Announcements & Local Calendar of events
- Facebook Chat Group: BurningVan (no commerce!
- Facebook Marketplace Group: VanBurners Connect
- Burning Man Regional Network information
- Local Announce list: send a blank email to [email protected]
- Email the Regional Contacts: [email protected]
- Burn in the Forest Regional Event
Event specific Facebook chat group: facebook.com/groups/burnintheforest
From your 2016 Burn in the Forest Production Team