*** From Your Volunteer Coordination team
Be the Crew is in search for People who would be the right fit for Sanctuary. Please bare with me, this is important information to explain, so this is a longer PSA then usual.
Sanctuary is an opportunity to build great connections with people who could really use it. Learning about yourself, being there for others and being as grounded as possible for 4-6 hours.
– “Voices” for Sanctuary- Anyone with active registration with the following Health Professions:
Social Work, Nursing, Psychiatric Nursing, Clinical Counselling.
Key Competencies include suicide risk assessments, ability to refer for further help, non-coercive interventions in acute situations, supporting and providing leadership to a team of Peer Supporters (Guardians)
– “Guardians”- Anyone who is interested in being supportive to, and providing compassionate presence, for people who are overwhelmed at BiTF.
Practical Advice and Requirements:
– These shifts require you to be 100% Sober. If an accident happens, and you won’t be available for your shift, please let someone at Sanctuary know. There will be no judgement or guilt. It’s better for us to know then have a no-call-no-show.
– Dress in layers for night shifts.
– Snacks and water available, feel free to bring your own as well.
– “Voices” may leave Sanctuary to preform outreach, keep an eye out for people who may need help.
– Two people minimum in Sanctuary at any given time