A list of essential items ~ Be Prepared ~ take care of yourself
- An open mind.
- Your gifts.
- Your ticket – you will not get in without it!
- Sturdy shoes.
- Food, utensils, dishes, campstove etc.
- Rope, solar lights, flagging tape or similar markers – use these to mark off hazards in and around your camp. Some campsites have drop offs that might be hard to see in the dark.
- Flashlight, lantern, headlamps.
- Clothing, costumes, theme camp decor, art, music, random creative projects.
- Toilet paper, single ply – will be provided in the porta potties but you might want to bring your own stash. Please follow Burning Man style porta-potty rules: If your body didn’t make it, the potty cannot take it. No baby wipes etc in the porta potties.
- Wild Animal Safety: be bear aware and don’t leave food scraps around your camp. There have not been any bear problems at this site, let’s prevent that from happening.
- Garbage bags and bins: this is a leave no trace event. There are no garbage and recycling bins on site, pack it in pack it out. Please leave it better than you found it.
- Tent, sleeping bag, etc.
- Insect repellent – there are plenty of mosquitoes.
- Secondary shade is a good idea – especially if you are camping in the open areas.
Thank you for NOT bringing…
- Pets, including dogs – they’re much happier with a sitter, and we won’t let you in with one!
- MOOP (Matter Out Of Place) – Please don’t bring costumes or gifts that create a lot of litter or are hard to clean…glass, feather boas, sparkles, glow stix, etc.
- Firearms, fireworks, explosives, flares or rockets. All fire effects must be sanctioned by the event and included in our fire safety planning.
- Hand-held lasers. These can inadvertently blind people (as happened to a Black Rock Ranger in 2014).
- Glass bottles and containers – please can it or bag it! Glass shards are a pain for everyone.
- Vending of any sort – there is none allowed on the site during the event. Please don’t advertise your business, band, DJ, etc with flyers, they’re MOOPy and we can wait ’till we get home to be inundated with commercialism!
UPDATED: BRING WATER
As we haven’t used the site before, and are unsure as to the viability of the existing water systems on site, we are asking everyone to bring their own water! The existing taps are only located in one area close to the river, and we don’t want the added task of carrying water over long distances to be a deterrent from people keeping hydrated. So consider it a nice to have, but be self sufficient!