Join us for BitF Safety Day to learn about radio use, fire safety, and more!
– Saturday, June 3, 2017 @ 09:00am
– TheEgg Arts Foundation (3 – 75 W 3rd Ave, Vancouver, BC V5Y 3T8)
09:00 am – MORNING SESSION:
– For Production Team and Leads
– Incident Reporting
– Naloxone Administration Training
– Fire Safety Training
– Radio Use Training
12:45 pm – AFTERNOON SESSION:
– For Production Team and Safety Pod Volunteers
– Incident Command System training
– ICS Tabletop Exercise
– Khaki Training
A link for registration will be posted shortly.
– This will be an integrated system for all pods to use, whenever an incident is managed that should be reported for awareness of other volunteers and /or record-keeping.
– For how to respond to a potential fentanyl or opioid overdose
FIRE SAFETY TRAINING:
– Basic fire safety and response protocols, for that hot bright stuff we all love to play with so much
RADIO USE TRAINING:
– Training in how to use a radio, required for all people who sign out a radio at BitF
INCIDENT COMMAND SYSTEM TRAINING:
– To ensure the production and safety teams understand the approach to incident management that we will use in case Something Bad happens.
ICS TABLETOP EXERCISE:
– After the ICS training, we will practice incident management by walking through some aspects of our Safety Plan to discuss how we would respond to hypothetical scenarios.
– A large incident could require operational support from several other production groups and we know that not everyone will be available during an emergency – it’s good to have a larger pool of knowledgeable volunteers to draw from.
– This Rangers-only session will be for training some of our BC Rangers with what they need to know to do a good job as Khaki.