UPDATED Driving directions from Vancouver
WARNING! GOOGLE MAPS is NOT your friend!
Looks like it’s indexed some farmer’s dyke road and attempts to send people that way! Don’t believe it! Check out the location, routing & image before you go & follow the directions below.
Here’s the Google link, manually adjusted to the correct route:
Directions from Commercial-Broadway Station to Cheam Fishing Village | shortlink to share: https://goo.gl/maps/2GAoxsFGYRp | .pdf download for printing
DETAILED STEP BY STEP DIRECTIONS
- Make sure everyone in your vehicle has their tickets printed or downloaded on their phone.
- From Vancouver, get to the Trans-Canada Hwy/BC-1 E – (go for approx 107 km)
- Take exit 135 for BC-9 toward Agassiz/Harrison/Hot Spring Road, get even more excited
- Keep right at thefork, follow signs for Agassiz Rosedale Highway/Harrison Hot Springs Road/BC-9
- At the roundabout, continue straight to stay on Agassiz-Rosedale Hwy/BC-9 N
- Go over a pretty cool bridge, look (carefully) and longingly to your right to see if you can see people working on the Effigy or lazing about at the beach
- Continue straight onto Haig Hwy (signs for BC-7 E) (this veers right just a touch)
- After 1 km, slow down & look out for the right turn onto McDonald Rd S
- There’s a T-Stop right there, turn left to stay on McDonald Rd S (we know this is odd). You’re SO close you can smell the freedom.
- Turn right onto Appel Rd… and SLOW DOWN!!! Give it a minute, you’re about to enter the Gates of the magical land that is Burn in the Forest. Welcome Home!
(This information is easily accessible from the “About BitF” menu on this website)