Heading out to Black Rock City this year, or checking out our local Regional, BitF? Come out to this event, meet local Burners, ask questions and get them mostly accurately answered!
This is for all members of the community to network and learn about attending Burning Man events, with an extra focus on BRC. This is an opportunity for Burners new & old to meet new people for connecting around theme camps, and generally share some wisdom to make every one’s Burn better. If you know anyone preparing for Burning Man for the first or second or third time, bring them!!
► MONDAY AUGUST 8th from 5pm-9pm
Picnic area SE corner of Trout Lake park. Enter closest parking lot via 19th. Here’s a lovely Google map of the exact location of the picnic area and the parking lot access via 19th avenue: http://goo.gl/maps/0E1a
► WHAT TO BRING
- Your personal plate, cup, cutlery
- Whatever snacks/sides you desire (sadly no potluck this year because of COVID).
- Blanket or camp chair to sit on
- Umbrella to shade yourself and your friends from the sun
- Water bottle
- Leave No Trace!
- Note re alcohol: https://vancouver.ca/parks…/alcohol-in-parks-pilot
► BREAKOUT SESSIONS!
- GVIAS is hosting a BBQ: Expect mostly meat with limited veggie options. While supplies last, first come first served.
- Then we will all break away into separate breakout areas around the picnic area, and participants will then choose which speaker/topic they wish to engage with. This will allow you to self-curate what learning you wish to get from the event.
- Speakers might choose to do a short presentation once folks gather, and/or depending on numbers, can do open free form Q&A, as they see fit. More flexibility, better-targeted learning & teaching!
We are so grateful to the members of the community who have graciously volunteered to present on these topics. If you see a topic you would like to lead (or would like to volunteer to help at the picnic), please contact one of the hosts. Thanks!
► OUR SPONSOR
This event is brought to you by the Greater Vancouver Interactive Arts Society (GVIAS), a not-for-profit society created to promote community-based interactive arts guided by the 10 principles of Burning Man. Learn more and become a member at: http://gvias.org/
See you at Burner Skool!