- This year due to the site restrictions, no Effigy will burn.
NOTE: we may be permitted to have flame-bars, poofers, or other controlled fire effects, pending venue approval and will keep applicants informed as soon as we know the details.
- There is no size restriction on a submission as a result of there being no burn.
- Any materials are welcome, since this will not burn.
- All EFFIGY submissions must include a LEAVE NO TRACE PLAN. This includes a tear down plan, and a plan for loading/unloading. What are your thoughts for the structure post event, i.e. will you personally store and reuse? Can the piece be disassembled and materials donated to fellow artists and/or art build spaces?
- The truck will be loaded on Saturday before the event You need your own volunteers for load/unload.
- The absolute longest piece of material that can fit in the transportation truck is 20’. Please use smaller pieces, 4’x8’ is easiest.
- You have approximately 10’ x 8’ x 8’ (L x W x H) truck space allotted to you.
- Delicate pieces MUST be packaged in a box before loading into the truck
Please review all of the information required before submitting your application:
- Name of your Effigy/Temple Design
- Artistic Concept
- No Fire Burn Ritual Proposal
- Effigy Team Bio
- Construction Methods
- Sound & Lighting
- Safety Plan
- Leave No Trace/Tear Down Plan
- Itemized Budget
- Concept Picture