We would like to begin by acknowledging that the land on which we gather is the unceded territory of the Nlaka’pamux People.
Please read this overview of site specific info. Lots of critical info about our new home!
- Trees are mostly on the slopes – bring shade and don’t plan to suspend things.
- There is a lake that is stocked with fish. Fishing will NOT be permitted during our event.
- Swimming will be AT YOUR OWN RISK. We will not have Lifeguards on duty.
Insects and Wildlife
- Always be prepared for mosquitoes. Bring DEET, coils, citronella, screens.
- There may be wild honey bees onsite. They are friendly and typically don’t sting, but if you are allergic bring a CURRENT EPI-PEN and KNOW HOW TO USE IT!
- No garbage/recycling onsite…Pack it in, Pack it out. Like Burning Man!
- Potable water is NOT available onsite.
- Take extra care with generators on this site, or consider leaving them at home. Use spill prevention when refuelling.
Respecting our Hosts
- The foundation of our relationship with all of our hosts is respect for the land…keep your site tidy and Leave No Trace!
- Respect the people; there are people who live on the property. This is their home and they are welcoming us.
- Facebook page: facebook.com/SnugLake/